Dear Incoming Families,
Welcome to Braddock Gifted Magnet! We are pleased that you will be joining our school community for the 2017-2018 school year.
The easiest way to accept or decline this placement is through your online eChoices account. You can also call the school and leave a voicemail 24 hours a day. If you do not accept or decline the placement, your child will be automatically declined by the District on April 7, 2017 and you will lose any accumulated Magnet points.
Please come in to pick up an enrollment packet between 7 A.M. and 4 P.M. in the main office. Completed packets should be returned no later than May 2.
We will have a New Student Orientation for incoming families on Friday, May 12, 2017 from 8:30-10 A.M., at which time we will tour the school and visit the classrooms. Current parents and students will be available to answer your questions. Incoming students are encouraged to attend to meet their new teachers and classmates and to learn about their new school.
We would also like to invite your family to attend the following Braddock Gifted Magnet and schoolwide events:
- Scholastic Book Fair: Online at scholastic.com/fair, March 25 – April 19, 2017, and on-campus, March 27-30, 2017, 2-3:30 PM, and during Open House
- Open House (Magnet Rooms 9, 10, 11, 12): March 29, 5-6:30 P.M. Visit the Magnet classrooms, meet the teachers and view student work!
- Braddock Gifted Magnet Science Fair (Rooms 9, 10, 11, 12): Week of April 18. Schedule will be posted on our websit
- Schoolwide Campus Beautification Day: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 9 A.M.-1 P.M. Meet families from all programs located on the campus of Braddock Drive Elementary School and help beautify the school!
- Braddock Gifted Magnet Music Recital (auditorium): May 19, 2016 at 12:30 P.M.
- Braddock Gifted Magnet Spelling bee (in auditorium): Date and time will be posted online.
For additional information about our program and upcoming events, please visit our Magnet website, our school’s website, and our parent group’s Facebook page (Friends of Braddock Gifted Magnet School).
Please contact the following parents if you would like to be informed of events scheduled by Friends of Braddock, our parent group, such as the end-of-year Potluck Picnic, restaurant and other fundraising events, and any planned summer picnics, meetups or events:
- Shelley Luce, Friends of Braddock Gifted Magnet President: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tavia Trepte: email@example.com
I’m looking forward to meeting you and your family! Please feel free to call if you have any questions or need additional information.
Braddock Gifted/Highly Gifted/High Ability Magnet
4711 Inglewood Boulevard
Culver City, CA 90230
310-915-5977 – Phone
310-915-9738 – FAX